Thank you for your interest in the Clinton Hill CSA. Signup for the 2018 summer season is completed. Check back here this fall to join our wait list for 2019
The season lasts 22 weeks, beginning in June and lasting into November. The share pick up each week will be on Thursday evenings between 5 – 7:30pm at PS 56 in Clinton Hill. This activity is not sponsored or endorsed by the NYC Department of Education or the City of New York.
2018 SEASON BEGINS JUNE 7.
THE VEGETABLE SHARE
Vegetable Share: 22 weeks of organically grown vegetables from Windflower Farm.
What To Expect From Your Vegetable Share
- 22 Weeks of fresh, seasonal, organically grown produce from Windflower Farm, from June into November
- 8-15 different vegetables every week for less money than what you would spend at the grocery store
- The satisfaction of helping to sustain local agriculture in upstate New York
- Weekly newsletters on produce preservation, preparation, storage, and recipes
- A greater sense of community
All Member Households are required to volunteer four hours per season or two hours if you are a member with a half share. This can be done by helping out during pick-up hours on site or helping with occasional other projects.
Plan A Households: Single adults earning over $40,000 / 2 or more adults earning over $65,000 in combined income
Plan B Households: Single adults earning $40,000 or less / 2 or more adults earning $65,000 or less in combined income
Plan C Households: Any household receiving SNAP Benefits can apply for Plan C.
Like many other CSAs in New York City, CHCSA now offers two styles of shares, Full Shares and Half Shares. Full Shares will work as they always have, with 22 weeks of pick-ups, and Half Shares will operate on an every-other-week schedule, giving those members 11 weeks of pick-ups. Members who choose a Half Share will be assigned either to WEEK A or WEEK B and will pick up their full share of vegetables on their assigned week. Half shares have been requested by many of our members in the past, and we looking forward to offering them this year.
Plan A Full Share: $580 / Plan A Half Share: $290
Plan B Full Share: $370 / Plan B Half Share: $185
Plan C: Amounts vary, contact our treasurer for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In addition to the basic Vegetable Share, there are other shares to enjoy!
- 20 weeks of fruit produced with minimal inputs (but not organic) by local farmers.
- Full Share: $156 ($7.90/week) / Half Share: $78 (every other week, 10 weeks total)
- 10 weeks of fresh cut flowers grown organically at Windflower Farm.
- Full Share: $136 ($13.60/week) / Half Share: $68 (every other week, 5 weeks total)
- 22 weeks of brown eggs from pastured chickens grown by neighbors of Windflower Farm. A half share of eggs is every other week (11 weeks total). All egg shares are $6.00/dozen/week.
- 1/2 Dozen Full Share: $65 / Half share: $33
- 1 Dozen Full Share: $130.00 / Half share: $65
- 2 Dozen Full Share: $260.00 / Half share: $130
Lewis Waite Farm Share
- Meat, Poultry, Cheese, Milk, Bread, Honey, Jams, Granola, Juice, Flour, Beans, Grains, and other great food products available for delivery to our pick-up site twice a month through LWF's convenient on-line ordering system.
- Products from over 20 farms available in one place!
- Ordering is a la carte, order only what you want!