FULL SHARE & YELLOW HALF SHARE
Pick up today: 5pm - 7:30pm at PS 56 on the corner of Gates and Downing
Of CSA Note!
- Curious about how our CSA is run or interested in becoming more involved? The core group that steers the Clinton Hill CSA will be meeting on site next Thursday, July 20, at 6:15 PM. Stop by and say hello or stay and hear more about what we do!
- Please be aware that our (very beneficial!) arrangement with PS 56 covers only the cafeteria where we have distribution. Members should not enter other areas of the school, including the courtyard. We value our relationship with our hosts at PS 56 and hope that members will treat the people who work there, as well as the site itself, with respect.
- If you have any Beet submissions, please feel free to contribute! We'd love to have our members represented in these pages. Send recipes, neighborhood news, food articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Week's Share
Farmers are busy planting and picking! No share info this week!
For those of you sticking around Brooklyn this weekend, there are some good opportunities to get your hands dirty and your farming knowledge expanded:
- Tinyfield Roofhop Farm is hosting a series of urban farming workshops this Saturday at their rooftop farm near the Navy Yard. Topics include microgreens propagation, vermicomposting, and building raised garden beds. Find more information and a signup link at Edible Brooklyn.
- The Youth Farm at the High School for Public Service welcomes volunteers this Saturday to help out with composting, seed starting, irrigation, building projects, harvesting, and weeding. The farm's Youth Tillers, summer youth employees, will lead the day and show off all that's in bloom at the farm. More info here.