FULL SHARE & YELLOW HALF SHARE
Pick up today: 5pm - 7:30pm at PS 56 on the corner of Gates and Downing
Of CSA Note!
- We've just finalized our survey about the 2017 season, and we'd love for all members to speak up and share their thoughts on our CSA. We take all responses into consideration when planning for upcoming seasons, so it's vital that you contribute your feelings (good, bad, and otherwise) about this year's share. Take the survey online HERE.
- We'll have a little Halloween potluck gathering at next Thursday's pickup (10/26). There'll be snacks, activities, and kids (and adults!) are encouraged to come in costume :)
- We're having a core meeting onsite tonight at 6:15. Please join us if you're interested in being part of the conversation about the inner workings of our CSA or potentially joining us on the core next year—we have a few spots open! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to hear more but can't make it tonight.
- The winter share is coming! Watch your email for signup updates.
This Week's Share
- Red and Yellow Onions
- Acorn Squash
- Potatoes or Leeks
- Sweet Peppers
- Parsley or Cilantro
- Fruit: Goldie Apples and Bosc Pears
News from Windflower Farm
Our regular season comes to an end in a couple of weeks (October 31st for Tuesday sites and November 2nd for Thursday sites). If you think you might miss getting fresh greens and other veggies from Windflower Farm, consider joining us for the winter season. The winter share comes less frequently – just once a month – and it includes our organic greens and stored vegetables and the Borden’s fruits all prepackaged in a 1-bushel box that you can take home. The greens include fresh spinach, kales, chard, tatsoi and others, and the stored vegetables include potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternuts, carrots onions, and more. Our own organic Popcorn and black beans and the Borden’s apple cider and jam round out the winter share. Winter members also have a chance to get the Davis Farm’s fresh brown eggs and maple syrup. I hope you’ll consider joining us. Look for a winter share signup form soon.
Have a great week, Ted